Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy 4th Wedding Anniversary to Us! Nola style!

Happy 4th Wedding Anniversary to the love of my life! Never did I imagine 4 years ago when I said I do that our marriage would have so many bumps of life's accomplishments & disappointments. In the short four years we've been married we've built a house, lost a granddad, got a dog, lost a sibling, quit a job, lost a dad, had a baby, sold a house, continued education, bought a lot & become Dave Ramsey fanatics. (there's more but too many to list) With all of these things we've gone through, our marriage was never compromised but grew stronger. I knew that when I met Michael that he was perfectly created by God for me. There is no better person in the world to share my life with. He's a wonderful dad & husband; also the hardest working man. I can't say these last years have been the best nor the worst. We've weathered the storm of living & losing loved ones. I am just so thankful & happy to have the greatest man I know in my life forever. Michael is my rock & likewise I'm his. I have more love & respect for him than ever before.
So, on to our anniversary! My parents for Christmas gave us a weekend trip with air fare to New Orleans. We decided that it would be a nice get away trip for our anniversary. I can tell you that I needed a mental break for sure. I just wanted to be able to enjoy a meal without diapers & wipes, cutting up bites & rushing home for bed time. I sure did miss Parker though. However, when Parker picked us up from the airport with my parents I'm not quite sure he remembered us! I was terrified to leave because right now he's going through severe separation anxiety from me. My parents did a fabulous job keeping him & said he did fine.

New Orleans is an amazing place. Michael had never been. We first arrived & went straight to this daiquiri place called Mangos. They have the 190 antifreeze drinks in mixers. I kept getting brain freeze. We got one & were on our way to see Nola.
Here's Michael waiting on his Daiquiri fresh off the plane

Here's the french quarter. It's hard to see but that place is full of mimes (sp?). This guy had a boom box spray painted silver to match his "getup".
Michael on Bourbon Street

Christy on Bourbon Street


Cat's Meow ..This was our best entertainment of the whole weekend. The girl on the stage in the middle was there with 11 of her girlfriends. They were all from Texas fresh out of college & in New Orleans to see Kelly Clarkson perform. The bar we were at is called the Cats Meow (a karaoke bar). Michael & I don't sing but we sure had a good time watching all these crazy girls perform. Do you see the guy on the right? He was part of the girls group but was very flamboyantly gay & with his boyfriend. My favorite part of the night is when he went up on the stage with a cigarette in one hand, beer in the other & snatched a red wig for his head & rocked the Lady Ga Ga song "la la ooh la la". It was hysterical. P.S. his boyfriend had stolen one of the girls necklaces it was a three strand chunky turquoise beads to wear for himself (people were strange in New Orleans to say the least!)
Cafe Du Monde was a must every morning. Here are the benigets that they serve. They are like donuts but with a pound of powdered sugar on them. Delicious!

There's shug at Cafe Du Monde.
Here's part of Jackson's square with the horse & carriage rides. I didn't partake because I just felt like it was inhumane. I don't know, the horses didn't look happy. Crazy thougths I know.


We were there on a normal weekend, not a holiday & you see crazy stuff in New Orleans morning, noon or night any day of the week.


We caught the street car & went to see the Garden district. There's me waiting impatiently on the street car. Seriously, waited forever on that thing. Once we were on it, it was cool to show Michael the beautiful side of New Orleans.

With our seafood being in jeopardy with the oil spill we ate seafood every night. We went to Acme for grilled oysters, Gumbo pot for gumbo & crawfish pasta, Bubba Gumps for shrimps, Jimmy Buffets not so great, Michaels favorite was the central grocery Muffalatta. The food in New Orleans is to die for!

I may be from Alabama, but Louisiana I am hear to tell you has some rednecks. They are like swamp rednecks. Anyway, here's a motorcycle we saw. It was real alligator skin.

We had a wonderful time! Thanks Mom & Dad for our weekend getaway. Happy Anniversary honey!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You guys make one cute couple ... and a REALLY pretty baby! I think yall should in fact make some more of those babies : ) Glad you had a good weekend. I miss you and Parker!

    ReplyDelete

Background