Before we got started
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Sips and Strokes
Last night Michael took me out on a date to go paint at Sips and Strokes. We had a blast. I was a little disappointed that there were only two other people that attended. But, in the end it worked out in my favor. I was able to get one on one time with the instructor. There was one step where we had to add black to separate the apples & it really messed up my painting. "They" say that you will go home with a painting that you could hang & that anyone can paint. Well, I think I was probably the most art challenged person she's probably ever seen. I am just glad that we had a good time & I was able to come home with my art. ps. Michael won art contests in school, so his turned out beautifully, we'll hang that one in the house ;)
Before we got started
I told everyone I was from Texas where everything is bigger. My apples & bowl were a tad large. You literally start out with a blank canvas & mix your own colors.
Here's where the instructor was correcting my apples. For the most part, it's my artwork. Hey, I'm a rookie, bring some help over here.
And the finshed product!
It was nice to get a break from being a mommy. I can't tell you the last time someone kept Parker. I called before we ever left the neighborhood. I HATE leaving him. He was fine though. Luckily this class was from 8-10 so it was his bed time while we were there.
Before we got started
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment