Friday, August 14, 2009

We are having SO much fun!

I am behind on blogging. This post is over the course of a couple of weeks. Parker is 11 months old now. What a fun age?!! Who knew that you could have a life along with your child? I recently joined a SAHM's (stay at home mom's) group. I must admit that I have as much fun as Parker. I only wish I'd done it sooner.

Driving range with Daddy
Dump Truck Riding
This is one of those things where you look back and ask yourself.. "Have I just created a monster?" Every time we tried to stop & make him get off he would start crying. See the video & you'll see why.


Please excuse my house. It's a play pen until Parker goes to sleep. He thinks it's too funny to finally be as fast as Bella. He makes us chase her on his dump truck. Of course, Bella gets it & has just as much fun.

Dr. Visit
I am a self admitted germaphob. It took all I had to let Parker play with this thing at the Dr.'s office. I have really wanted him to have one for the house & I needed to see if he was interested. He was!

Bath Time
Yes, ma'am I still bathe him in the sink. When you're only 5th percentile in weight it's got it's perks. I stress allot about his size however he is healthy & happy. I won't be able to much longer. He tried standing up in it the last time so it was a sign. Good bye what little back strength I had. The bath is so hard to lean over.
Cupcakes with Colton
My SAHM's group had a get together for Colton's (bottom baby on the right) 1st birthday. Parker did bring Colton a little happy present but it didn't matter when it came down to the toy below... neither one of them wanted to budge. We are working on manners.
Here's 'lil Eli. Still can't believe he's Parkers age! Handsome cutie.
Lillian in the high chair & Parker, Colton on the floor in a different room still fighting over the same toy.
Barons Game
We took Parker to the Barons game last Thursday night. That's Savannah on the right. Michael works with her dad & they live in our neighborhood. We weren't sure how long they would last but it was worth a shot in my eyes. Well, they made it to 8:45. Sweet babies, had a blast!



Splash Pad at the Zoo (with my SAHM's group)
Who knew that going to the zoo & not seeing the first animal could be so much fun? I still laugh at that. Our trip consisted of the splash pad, lunch & a train ride. It was plenty for the kids.
It was all fun & games until he didn't see that water about to shoot directly in his face & water log him!
Parker & Eli

Pizza Party with SAHM's
Eli & his mom
Parker & Lillian

Big Boy
Ok, this is when it hit me. My baby went from being a baby to a toddler quick! How sad. I refuse to cut his hair. For me that will be the end of baby Parker.

Look at this picture. It looks like he is already saying.."ok MOM, enough with the pictures!"
Movie at Chelsea Park
A neighborhood down from us hosts movie night once a month. This night was Kung Fu Panda. We were the rookies there. We did bring our blanket, chairs & drinks... BUT the food! People were sharing amongst each other their homemade cookies, Papa Johns pizza & popcorn. We had a salad & fruit at home. Darn! Anyway, we will be professionals by the next time. Parker had a blast. We only made it through half of the movie. Parker started to "waller" in the blanket, so it was bed time.


Parks has started this new thing where he will say a word but ish blended in. He didn't do it very well here but you can kind of tell. See video below. It's so funny. He's knows he's being silly.

Yes, he's all boy. Growling! At the end he was yelling at me & shaking his head NO. He wanted out of his seat!

It's ok, I know what you are thinking.. I am going to have my hands full. I already know that.

When Parker started teething at 6 months we ran into some sleep problems. He went from sleeping sound through the night to waking up every couple of hours. This lead into him not teething anymore but still waking up. We would get him out & rock him & attempt to put him back in the crib. Well, he wouldn't have it. He wanted to sleep on Mommy or Daddy. My SAHM friend Melissa told me about Dr. Ferber. She gave me the book & low & behold Parker on the third night of being "ferberized" as I called it slept through the night. It's been a week now & he has mastered the skill of falling asleep on his own. I am so proud of him.

1 comment:

  1. This cracked me up... Colton & Parker fighting over that toy!!! You are so funny :)

    ReplyDelete

Background