Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day weekend

Memorial Day weekend at the lake was a soggy one at best. We went with Michael's family to Smith lake & some of their friends came as well. Leila & Talon were able to make it & it thrilled us to death. I love catching up with them. They love Parker so it's nice to have him in someone else's arms for a change. Michael & I rarely drink so we had a "family" oriented Memorial day weekend. However others (not Lelia & Talon) that stayed with us not so much. They played poker until 3 am. I haven't stayed up that long since Parker was a wee little thing. It was only for one night so I kept telling myself that I could survive & just ignore it... I used to stay up partying in college all the time. What happened to me? I think God made a mom out of me! How great! Well were were able to get on the water the next day with Betty, Dave, Leila & Talon & had a blast. Lelia.. thank you for helping me so much with Parker. The first boat ride was "iffy". He ended up absolutely loving it. He took two naps while we were out.
So on to Parker... He got a new swim suit... I think he looks real handsome... yes, this is the first picture that captured the gap in his front teeth he's sport'n ( another trait of mine)... he will wear it well none the less

Both of my tired boys the next day, Whew let's get on the water mom & go have some fun!
Right before we retired for bed that night. Little did I know that going to bed really just meant laying there.
Parker has learned to shake his head no no. It's too funny. It's still worrying me a little. (yes everything worries me.. could it be neurological problem ? Ashley.. if you are reading this I am glad I'm not married to MD. Daniel.. I would have self diagnosed this a long time ago... I think he truly has just learned a new skill. It's just odd to me that my 8 month old is telling me no already!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it. "NO" is one of the first things they learn! He looks so handsome in his bathing suit and those teeth are adorable! Great to see new pics :)
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. His "No" is TOO cute! Daniel confirmed that it's nothing...he's just being a funny, little boy! :) Aubrey likes to do this weird thing when she's excited where she straightens out her arms and legs and gets this strange look on her face...I was sure she was having seizures or something. Daniel just laughs and shakes his head at me now. :) I think Mommies are just programmed to worry...part of our job description!

    Anyway, I didn't mean to write a novel on here, but I do want to say that you have the most precious little boy there ever was! Your family is adorable, and I know you're enjoying every minute of it. Love and miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Background