Thursday, July 15, 2010

Updates at 22 months

Today was Kindermusik at Children's. On the way there I told Parker we were going to music class. His response was "mes cas" translation "music class". Then his next statement was "sand toes". I was shocked! Two classes ago Mrs. Tasha let all the kids put their toes in the sand she brought from the beach. I never mentioned it to him after that class. He was practically born with sand between his toes! I was more focused on him learning the intro song 'Ahoy their Mates'. Each week they are adding a sign/movement to it, that week was a salute. Anyway, it amazed me that really learned something from someone other than me. He finally let his hair down long enough to relax & enjoy it.
He has been saying allot of other phrases too. Mainly only I can understand them. I have listed some of them for when I want to remember how he talked before he could really talk.
Good job Parpa! = Good Job Parker!
Mommy mase uh ooh = Mommy mess uh oh
still can't say light he calls it a ba, go figure
umbia = umbrella
belle hush dog pank = bella hush dog spank .. yes he asks me to spank her
Mommy talk Dada= Mommy talk to daddy.. no no he'll shake his head because he wants all the attention
Make mik= make milk ( i have to add carnation to it, so yes I have to make it)
Be niice = he drags out the nice, we are learning to be nice for sure
Toi pae, Too bash, Too pase = Toilet paper, tooth brush, tooth paste
Mommy imow= mommy lawn mower
neck= naked
He is also pointing out clothes when I do the laundry. He will say which one is mine & his daddy's or his.
He's 22 months now & I can feel the baby leaving & the toddler taking over. Parker is very observant & quiet in public. It's at home where he gets into the most trouble. There are days at home that I feel like he never quit talking or getting in trouble for being mean to Bella. He's also trying to quit napping, seems like his 1:00 nap has become more like 3:00 because he fights it. He's showing an interest in the potty lately. He can certainly tell me when he's done number 2. He'll tell me "mommy poo poo, new diap". Now if we can just get him to tell us before it all goes down. Parker still loves books, dogs, trains, boats & his all time new favorite is lawn mowers! For the first time this week he had a tummy ache. He was actually able to tell us what was wrong with him. His tummy was swollen & he was winning saying "poo poo bo bo". It was pitiful. He finally got some relief, but I was so happy to get him to a point where he can communicate what's the matter. Parker is a happy, healthy, energetic, developing little boy. I don't take any of that for granted. He hits milestones at every point. God blessed our family with a perfect boy & I am so thankful & humbled.

1 comment:

  1. There is NO WAY he is 22 months! That just cannot be.

    I love how you type out how he speaks. He's so smart and knows what he wants!

    ReplyDelete

Background