What are Little Boys made of poem
What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails
That's what little boys are made of !
"What are little girls made of?"
Sugar and spice and all things nice
That's what little girls are made of!"
Some of you may remember me telling you of a funny story about a little boy in my neighborhood. I'll repeat in case you didn't hear it. I was on my way home from work one day & was so tired & relieved to be almost home. Just as I pulled on my street, I saw this little boy & his remote control car. Like anyone I slowed down to almost a stop. He was in his driveway still, but I was worried he would "accidentally" drive the car out into the road & then not think & run after it. Just as I was up on him.. his little hands began working that remote as fast as he could! It was too late! He intentionally drove that thing right under my car! Little brat I thought. I got out to check on the car & it was in pieces. I didn't know what to say. I thought he's going to run home & tell his mom that I ran over it & try to get a new one out of me. That was the last I heard from that little stinker until Friday. There I was almost in the same spot. It was still daylight out. I was on my way home again. He was cruising around on his bike. Next thing I saw was a huge evil look from him & then he stuck his tongue right out at me! What did I ever do to this little child? He's looks younger than Austin who's six! So it got me thinking about my "spirited" little boy. You won't hear the words "oh my child will never"... because I have come to realize that guess what...they probably will. I need to stop in one day with that little boys parents & find out exactly what they are doing.. just so I DON'T do it. My friend Krista & I have always said it usually goes back to their home life. The mean ones always have something not healthy going on at home. I just hope to give Parker all I've got & hope for the best. I try to teach him to be sweet to his puppy & play nice with his toys. He's a rough house for sure though. It certainly won't be because of his home life. I sang to him today... no ribbons & no bows just puppy dog tails & snails. I love little boys! It's more than I could ever have imagined.
Brat!! Little Parker will never be that way because he has two loving parents who nurture him and take the time to "teach" him right from wrong. He is too precious and you are so blessed. Thanks for stopping in on my blog. I had a great weekend with Mags, but I miss her terribly now! She will be back in 2 weeks, so not such a long time in between visits this time. Hugs....
ReplyDelete