Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Trip to the Dentist 06/22/10

Parker had his very first dentist appointment this morning with Dr. Rhoner. I was really worried as usual. We used to have to hold Parker down to brush his teeth. It was a real challenge. As time has gone on & consistency has stayed the same he knows we are not going to give in.. that he is going to have his teeth brushed regardless. Also, anytime I checked for new teeth he would bite down on my finger. We walked in the door to the dentist office & he started crying immediately. He knew something was up. He kept saying "mom mom bye go!" He even ran to the door. I thought I am going to have a nervous break down right here with him. Then they took us into another room after I completed our paper work to watch a cartoon about brushing teeth. Ironically, it was just enough time for Parker to settle in the place, which was wonderful. The decor in this office was one hundred percent kid friendly. All cheerful colors & workers that baby talk to the kids. Mrs. Ruthie is the sweetest dental hygienist I believe I've ever met. She won over my little Parker instantly. She fell in love with him. I have to brag, you know you always think your child is adorable... but let me tell you all the dental hygienist came over to see my little angel. Mrs. Ruthie was able to inspect & brush all 16 teeth. She told me he's better than some of her Seniors that come in. He even opened his mouth & said Ahh when asked to. I was so EXTREMELY proud of Parker. In fact everyone at the office was telling him good job. We came home with two tattoos on his arms, four stickers on his shirt, a new tooth brush & toothpaste & a free ice cream cone coupon. Plus sparkling white teeth! The doctor said she did not think Parker was at risk for cavities & that she'll see us again at the next check up. She commended Michael & I for doing such a good job brushing. I thought, whew! if she only knew how hard it was for us in the beginning to get that job done! So it was a happy experience & next time we'll certainly be on the lookout in hopes to get Mrs. Ruthie again.

1 comment:

  1. Colton goes to Dr. Rohner too! I LOVE that office. They are so good with kids and Colton loves getting prizes out of the basket!

    ReplyDelete

Background