Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter 2010

Well here's our family on Easter 2010. I was so not happy about my attire. All of my spring dresses were in storage. We finally got them out a few days later, but still not in time for Easter. As usual, Asbury put on a beautiful service. Parker actually came with us. We got stuck in the overflow & had to go into the gym. I was happy about that anyways because I didn't want to send him to the nursery. He clapped after all the singing & kept looking up at me & telling me to "shhh". I was so proud of his behavior. It's hard to keep a toddler happy & contained for that long of a time period. The morning started off by singing Happy Birthday Daddy. Michael's birthday falls on Easter every leap year. So I think Parker was just having a celebration day. We blew out candles & hid Easter eggs. By the time Easter Sunday arrived, Parker had everything figured out. He learned to say "Egg" & "Happy" (for Happy Birthday Daddy). Then when it came time to hunt the eggs he knew the name of the game. This year the Easter bunny brought a ton of little miscellaneous items & it was huge success.

This picture captured the very moment he received his Easter basket. He knew all those goodies were for him.

We dyed Easter eggs in the garage. I can't remember why I took Parkers shirt off. He must have gotten wet. It was way more fun this year than last. Our toddler was so interested & learning every step of the way.
Oh, while we are in the garage we must blow bubbles. That was a winter time activity that has now become a must if we are downstairs.
Michael is such a good teacher & has the patience of I don't know what. So glad he's my better half!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background