We had Parkers 4 month old visit last week. Poor thing, that's so hard to watch them get shots. I don't know how the nurses can stick little babies for a living. We survived none the less.
I got my hair done. It's back to the "natural" brown color & bobbed off. It's growing on me. Part of me misses the spunk of being a blonde with long hair. Michael joked that he went to bed with Gwenneth Paltrow & woke up to Posh Spice. Oh well.
Parker is now eating baby food Yea!! He loves sweet potatoes & carrots. Tonight was peaches. It took me a couple of feedings & him as well to make it where it wasn't so messy. I have to put a little food on the end, drag the bottom on the container & make an airplane noise as it's about to go in. He then will open his mouth like magic. Well tonight we realized Michael couldn't make the noise I was making & Mr. P just looked at him like where's the circus buddy??. Not sure if Michael couldn't or wouldn't act a fool. Anyway, Michael discovered a different approach.. a little more civilized like "open big"... who would have thought it?? j/k Thank God Parker has two parents.
I guess lately my mind has been on getting him baptized which will be Feb. 8th. I got baptized in Jan. of '08. Yes, I was a late bloomer. I was on the sidelines for many years but not in the game. After losing Brandy I decided to walk a little closer with God. It's hard as a parent to realize that this miracle you just gave birth to & nurture is not truly yours. He's my every thing! Anyway, I realize the importance of what's about to happen on Feb. 8th. I am so proud & excited to make our public commitment to Parker to ensure he knows Jesus. I am certain I won't have a dry eye on stage.
OMG!! I have GOT to see your hair! Please post pics - or better yet - come see us! I would love to see the little man (and you too!). I'm so happy and excited about the baptism. Be sure to scrapbook it as you will always want to treasure that moment. Hugs...
ReplyDeleteParker's baptism will be such an incredible moment to remember. He is a blessed little boy to have parents who are committed to sharing Christ's love with him. Please take a few pictures for us (not to mention we're dying to see the "new" you!).
ReplyDeleteOh, and I laughed so hard thinking of you and Michael with your different feeding techniques. :) You guys are too funny!
Miss you, dear friend!